Makes 4 quartsIngredients:
- 3.5 to 4lbs grass fed beef bones
- 3 large organic carrots, washed, unpeeled, cut 3" slices
- 1 organic celery bunch, cut into 3" pieces
- 2 organic onions - can put in whole with skins, uncut
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 sprigs fresh oregano
- 4 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar, unfiltered
- Cold water to fill large crock pot or stock pot
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Place bones in pan and roast for 30 minutes.
- Put bones, fat drippings and remaining ingredients in the pot.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 24 to 72 hrs.
The longer you cook the stock, the richer it will be.
Put in refrigerator when stock is cooled. Next day you can skim off the solidified fat if desired but keep in mind that fat gives broth a lot more taste. You can freeze for future use.
Optional - filter broth through a cheese cloth to get clear liquid if using in other recipes.
Leave a Reply